22 September 2013


It is possible to live as a Hermit, and Amish Atheist, in Irvine.

I don't answer my landline, my cell doesn't work at home, I often don't use the computer at home.

I have designed circuits in Verilog, written code, GUIs, medical devices, crypto, metnworking etc.  Built digital logging geiger counters, chemistry, x-ray generators from scratch.  Unix from Sunos 4.3 to Ubuntu.  I like firearms.  Made thermite from beach sand.  Raised a cat for 18 years.  Grow catnip.  WokADog.

You probably don't want to fuck with me.   I mean, intellectually.  Physically, we don't go there.  A thumbscrew will convert 95% of humanity.  A thumbscrew on their child gets the other 5%.

Hi Gen'l Alex. Nosuchagency.

Rome did not fall in a day.
Folks in glass empires ought not throw drones.

dog park

Took dog to DP in a loaner car that's not supposed to have pets.  Or go to mexico.
(Duh)  Or smoke.  Well, two of three... but I bought those newcarsmell trees and will deploy.  Loaner is too big and drives differently.  I don't need electrical carseat adjustment.  I like the moonroof.  But for $2K I get my familiar Subaru with another year or two.  I want to give it to my nearly 14 year old son in 2 years.

Told a newcomer to DP family/dog to unleash, dog loved running free.  A bit dominant but not seriously ill behaved.  It was a adopted from a 'foster parent' who got it from someone who could no longer care for it.  Cool.  they were friendly persians who had found the DP because they needed to get rid of paint and the Irvine haz waste dropoff is right next door.

(In fact I like snagging useful chems from them when I visit, but they're closed on Sun and Mon, and the DP is closed on Weds.)

The DP city staff posted something saying they'll remove dogbowls.  WTF, dogs sniff butts, nosetouch, roll in poop, do you really think shared bowls are a problem?

I am considering epoxying a bowl to the infrastructure.  Or, bring cutup milk jugs.

Listening to Adrian Belew, acoustic.

happy happy

Working less hard, less stress, good drive, paid more.  Happy.

And long term potential for 'career' and improving human health too.

PS: your buttscope was used on other people... if you ever had a colonoscopy..

You could get prion diseases or bacterial if not properly dried.  Otherwise, just some bacterial endospores.

You can't sell space exploration forever, but people will pay for health tech forever.

01 September 2013

Wash Post WTF pic

Why is there a picture of someone at a tomato festival (I think) next to a chemical weapons thread?