30 January 2013

butane explosion at cannabis concentrators hotel room

Two people were critically burned Wednesday in an explosion in an Ocean Beach area motel room that was being used to extract hashish oil from marijuana, San Diego officials said.
The 20-year-old woman and 21-year-old man were using butane as a heat source in the process, when the man lighted a cigarette, causing the explosion, officials said.


Article is wrong, butane is a solvent.

Evolution never sleeps.  Light a frickin' cig with butane extraction going on inside a room?  WTF?