19 November 2010

I went to a sacred heart school. Their logo is a jesus heart (with nettle wreath) and sword-pierced heart behind it. A little sexual symbology there, girls? Married to Jesus? Sex caused pain, did it? Nunnery was simple.

And the aorta stuff on top of the heart logo looks like UXO symbology.



I learned how to make a primary explosive, nitrogen tri-iodide, from reading _The curve of binding energy_ by Ted Taylor, in that school.

I bought Zappa's mothers of invention album for a dollar. WTF was it doing there? I had no idea when I bought it who Zappa was. He was the premiere American composer of the 20th century, actually.

I took the exhausted cold-packs from soccer and crystallized the ammonium nitrate from them. I decomposed it thermally, trying to get high on nitrous oxide, which was a victorian thing. Not enough gas. And it didn't explode either. Still a great experience to report. I was different. The kind that advances mankind, not scares and suppresses it. Like certain eg monotheistic or messianic delusions.

....

The Doane Stuart (combined English (Anglican) and Catholic (Bomber)) school was interesting. They got really annoyed if you didn't wear socks with their uniform. Their uniform for girls was a wool skirt. Damn. They had a lot of south american chicks at one point, just like the school before that had a lot of Iranian kids.

Geopolitical fail.

I don't wear uniforms. Haven't since high school. Livestock wear suits. Free people are comfortable.

read "bullets and bombs" a neat tech softcover

Terrorism works, which they don't teach you at school. Ask the IRA. Ask the lebanese after the US was kicked out under reagan. Look up asymmetric warfare, you little doane-stuart kids. Get a clue. Understand your civilization. Is not clean.

...

we only have to be lucky once, you always --ira to thatcher

Doane stuart students: evaluate and discuss.

...

Back then we went out to drink at 17, in bars that thought us 18.

....

One day I offered a ride home to a girl when she asked, but it turned out my dad showed up with his two seater. So she had to sit on my lap. I still think about that.

....

Being one of the few science kids, I had lots of time on the scope, frequency generator, even cleaned out a chem closet or two.

....

Passed out once on the tennis courts overnight, wow. Tripped my ass off the first time trying to get to a post-graduation party, arrived hours late, laughed for hours in the back of my unfortunate friends' car. Social fail though. Went to biology class stoned, but still was the smartest in the class. Got really annoyed when the unrequited love of my lustcrazed teens told me she had actually smoked pot. How dare her pristine ass! Still think of her too. Patho perhaps but human.

Idiot 17 year old. But we forgive ourselves every seven years.

Sister Mary Conan. Sacred Heart. Doane Stuart. Guitar. Dawn Cruikshank. Domestic sexual abuse. Shotguns. Cancer. Roman torture of palestinian loonies. Mosaic terrorism. Nuns. Sex. Doane Stuart (which had to sell the school, back to the dried and dying nuns who sort of owned it, and move into a defunct private school elsewhere).

Hot daughters of ministers.

Clandestine Presby's Minister son + Jewish neurotic single mom's daughter

wonder if they ever did it, I hope so

I never did