05 March 2010

  • Denial (this isn't happening to me!)
Well obviously it is or you wouldn't be thinking about it so hard.
  • Anger (why is this happening to me?)
This is pretty stupid if your injury isn't due to another person. What part of Random don't you understand?
  • Bargaining (I promise I'll be a better person if...)
There is no bargaining as the end is inevitable, dude.
  • Depression (I don't care anymore)
FTS, I've deal with depression my whole life. Prozac and THC can help.

  • Acceptance (I'm ready for whatever comes)
Well frickin' duh. Always be ready. Always be grabbing things that lead you to your goals, that's how you reach them. Filter feeding.

You WILL die from plumbing or cancer. Cancer must eventually get you because you must make copying errors, you must make copies, and if you make enough of the right copying errors in the right place you get rogue replicators, ie cancer.

Plumbing failures are much more pedestrian from an information theoretic point of view.

One or the other will get you, so enjoy your time.

PS: there's a good Simpsons episode in which the levels are run through in a few minutes. Most amusing.