09 March 2008

Buy a Roomba. From iRobot. It is the coolest thing.

Do NOT insulate your newborns from dust, cat dander,
etc. They NEED exposure; in some cases, they need to
get cultures from their parents.

Snuggle, and don't spray with antibiotics!
Of course, if the critter appears to suffer at all,
see an MD ASAP.

I saw a Kaiser MD in the UC in Irvine for my second gout flareup, I got a butt shot, and was
fine for a *hike* the next day. No wonder primitives love shots.

On antibios, first time in 15 years, too; good enough for cows. I have to take
anti-inflams for the uric for a bit, may take allopurinol futurewise.

But holy cow that MD cured my toe pain in a shot! I was going to give birth through
my big-toe knuckle, seriously. [I'm a guy]
Previously a Kaiser md gave me colchicine which worked
but took days. I wanted pain pills from the UC doc. Didn't get 'em, cause the pain
was gone next day, and he knew it! It was hard to write to KP to tell them how cool the MD was,
because the KP website isn't set up for kudos for docs.

Dang licit western med has never worked so fast!

Booze takes half an hour but isn't "licit" in the same sense. Won't discuss
N2O or cocainehcl etc but they act fast too, but are not in the Kaiser category.

Don't know about fentanyl; don't do opiates; when I do, I may be too sick to post.

Or, I may well enjoy it.

My family doesn't get heart disease, but cancer; I smoke a pipe and am heavy.
Oh well. As long as the koan holds: first my father, then me, then my son. The
natural order. I know some for whom that is an unlikely wish.

Being an athiest zen dude is not easy but not hard. :-)